Donuts are like steaks to me, if I could eat one (or more) every day I would. They both are often coated on the outside with some sort of seasoning and then cooked to perfection on the inside. Steaks, like donuts, consumed in vast quantity are probably not good for you, but when done right both are little bites of heaven in your mouth. I tend to gravitate to a good old fashioned glazed donut by default, but I do not discriminate against iced, filled, or sprinkled varieties.
Lately I have had a hankering for donuts even more so than normal and that means I’ve been trying places I haven’t tried before and the result is a new Top 10 list for my fellow Kansas Citians. Donut shops are everywhere, and like dive bars there are plenty in town that I’ve never heard of, let alone been to. So if I’m leaving one off this list that you think NEEDS to be included, go ahead and comment on this post and I’ll make it a point to get there and try it out.
Without further adieu, here are the Top 10 Donut shops in Kansas City
10. Ridgewood Donuts – 4309 Blue Ridge Blvd. Independence, MO
9. Donut King – 2320 Armour Rd. North Kansas City
8. Doughnut Factory – 11916 S. Strang Line Rd. Olathe, KS
7. Jack’s Donuts – 2400 S. Lee’s Summit Rd. Lee’s Summit, MO
6. Holt’s Do-Nuts – 1325 Main St. Grandview, MO
5. Fluffy Fresh Donuts – 5729 Johnson Dr. Mission, KS
4. Lamar’s Donuts – Various Locations. If the original location on Linwood were still open, it would be #1 on the list by itself. Not all Lamar’s are the same, but the locations in Mission at 5901 Johnson Dr. and near the original at 3395 Main St are our two favorite.
3. McLain’s Bakery – 201 E. Gregory Blvd. Kansas City, MO
2. John’s Space Age Donuts – 8124 Floyd St. Overland Park, KS
1. Fluffy Fresh Donuts – 10123 State Line Rd. Kansas City, MO
Johnny’s Donuts – 4424 Prospect Ave. Kansas City, MO
Poppy’s Donuts – 10222 E. US Hwy 24. Independence, MO
Switch to our mobile site